Saturday, January 3, 2009
, 9:45 AM
Yesterday was a busy day.
I don't know when I woke up. My father tapped my feet and said, "wake up." I got up. Dazed a bit. Went toilet to rub my face. Then notice NO TOILET PAPER LIAO. LOL. So I got the toilet paper and did "every morning's daily-to-dos". Suddenly I felt like rushing. My fingernails never got cut short. =.= Shit! I gobbled up my breakfast, changed to school uniform then pinned up my hair. No time to cut. Even though I rushed, still 6.30 then finish doing my "preparations".My maid going school with me also. LOL. Sorry, it's not what it's meant to be. (Even at school also need maid to take care of you.) My father wanted to show my maid how to take bus to school and the route. Oh, by the way, we were taking my father's car. I saw Jun Meng walking into the side gate (I think cause I forgot.)
When we arrived, I went into the school. MY father and maid just went to see the bus-stops. Enter the world of people. ZZZ. How to find my friends? At first I thought An Qi was walking in front of me at the main gate but I saw the mother bringing the girl surely not An Qi's mom. So I went ahead. I realised I needed to go see which class I got in. I don't know where to see but I saw people crowding around a board so that was IT. 101. FIRST CLASS! YEA!!! First level. YAYYY!!! But maybe no one going same class as me. Sad.
I somehow managed to find Xin Yi(didn't know she was going Nan Hua) and Alicia. Hardly recognise me. =.=Then we saw the boys, (you know who). We avoided them and wait so long. Cannot find Pui Yee and An Qi. The school counsellors brought the Sec 1s into the canteen. I saw An Qi and Pui Yee. We later assembled in the Parade Square. We sang the National Athem and said the pledge in Chinese. I actually only know the gist and the first few lines of the pledge only. LOL. So I went along. Then the school song. But the Sec 1s only those go Nan Hua Pri know how to sing so we stand there and blur. I lip-sync and sang a few words (softly) to the school song. I'm that mamasan. The vice principal and principal(who's Mr Foo but called himself Dr Foo) made announcements on the 2nd Floor. He keep saying “快快乐乐上学来,平平安安回家去。” ZZz, if they wanted to make announcements there instead on the stage in front of the flagpoles, then they should cut off the trees in front of the 2nd Floor cause it's blocking their faces. I just remembered they pronounce classes as one one, one two blah blah, two one, two two... My cousin Qi Hui after all was the ex-student of Nan Hua after last year. (Last year she's Sec 4. ) Then we were brought to class.
After a few moments of not knowing what to do, the student counsellors made us do self introduction. The girl student counsellor keep asking me if I can hear. Nearing my turn, I kept on fidgeting and becoming more nervous. I scared I stammer. Then I stood up and said,"I'm Lim Li Yee from Keming Primary." YES! Clear, loud and fluent. Phew. I made Keming proud! I almost laughed. Soon the teacher came. Miss Wong. Chinese teacher. When she took attendance, she called me Lin Lin Yi. Then I said "arh?". She say "the English name is Lim Li Yee" in Chinese. So I raised my hand but then she gave me an annoyed look. She pronounce my name wrongly, my problem? Then she gave out the Student Profiling form and other things we need to check. (Name, contact numbers, religion, Parents' jobs.) When I check my religion, I saw Taoist. I thought I was Buddhist? But I wasn't so sure after that so I left it as it was. My Student Profiling form I also put Taoist. I decided even if I wasn't Taoist, it wouldn't matter. The Student Profiling form so mamasan. Ask about relationship. =.= LOL. After that was recess. Nothing special. (Don't want tell you all what happen cause it's boring.) Ate Takoyaki Balls 3 for $1.
We went to hall for a boring long long talk. Mr Foo made us memorise the school address. Did I tell you that he always talks about that? Qi Hui told me. He talk about "happy" and if "happy" then can blah blah blah... While introducing teachers and staff, he asks whether we find him funny. He says he different from other principals. Say something about cause he's siao zhang. Very Siao the Siao. Also cause he like to "wei xiao" so xiao zhang. Very lame. He even forgot some teachers' names and what subjects they teach that he has to ask.
"This teacher wearing shorts. So he teach?"
"P.E."
"That's right. You passed your P6."
LAME. And he continues saying that for every sports teacher.
The rest was BORING. Lunch. Bought a drink. Was asked to join Pui Yee and others to go to Keming. Stalked by Jun Meng, Zheng Xin and BO but managed to shake them off. Then at class. The student counsellors have given up getting us to volunteeringly suggest food to bring for don't-know-what-he-said-it-was-for. What he got from us was potato chips, french fries, sandwiches(not sure if they really bring), coke and iced lemon tea. Then we paid for Student Handbook($3.50) and Orientation Package($20) but I don't know what the Orientation Package is for seriously. The student counsellors made us create a class flag with many many conditions. A long time later, we finally split into groups. I suggest to my team a flag. My flag was a stranded family(I drew stickmen) on an island with Tiki fire stands next to them(based on Survivor). The family represents Loyalty and Filal Piety and the Survivor theme of course brings out the Survival theme we're supposed to have. They thought on the flag shouldn't use stickmen. ZZ. It's supposed to be a sample/sketch only. Of course the real flag won't have stickmen. They so serious they use ruler draw and even cared about tiny details. I realised the girl sitting beside me was an love-lorn idiot. I mean, she's talkative. And she says she so "emotional today" and "cannot think properly" so much so that she can't stop talking like she's in love(when you're in love in drama series, you'll be that nervous). I'm getting a nervous breakdown sitting next to her. Plus she keeps peeping into my notebook. Freak.
Later I took bus with An Qi back home. The bus we were sitting had Brandon, Hong Wei and Heng Sheng (these are the only ones I remembered). ZZz. The end.